OT: Python application deployment?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Apr 14 20:55:26 EDT 2003

>My two main options appeared to be InnoSetup and NSIS. InnoSetup was eliminated early by reading the FAQ, esp.
>
>http://www.jrsoftware.org/isfaq.php#conditional

Hmm.  Both those products can be seriously misread...

The link you point to says that the "Inno Setup Extensions"
package can do what you want, and it can.  Another tip:
what we do, and what the author of pyant.sourceforge.net
does, is to have a Python script which assembles various bits
and pieces and generates/tweaks the Inno ISS file.

OTOH I just glanced at the NSIS page and saw this
"A lovely coding experience with elements of PHP and assembly
(includes 20 general purpose variables, a stack, real flow control,
etc)".  Which would make me run a mile at first glance...

- Andy Robinson