Simulating Qubits?

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Fri Apr 4 10:37:29 EST 2003

An interesting article on quantum computing, which I found via
Slashdot is here:

http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=1682086

It's very light on technical detail, the original paper (which I'm
printing and hope to read over the weekend) is here:

http://arxiv.org/abs/cs/0103009

I'm thinking that it might be interesting to write a module that
simulates the computational abilities of qubits. The Economist article
specifically mentions object-oriented approaches as key to integrating
qubit logic with traditional computing programs.

Okay, at this point I'm just musing aloud. Has anyone else been
thinking about this, or perhaps done some actual work on the problem?

I will hopefully have more to say after I've read the paper, assuming
I'm not just plain out baffled by it.

Nick

--
# sigmask.py  ||  version 0.2  ||  2003-01-07  ||  Feed this to your Python.
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')