Forgetting "()" when calling methods

Frantisek Fuka fuka at fuxoft.cz
Fri Apr 25 17:46:50 EDT 2003

When I try to call methods, I sometimes forget to include the
parentheses. Instead of:

if object.isGreen():
	do something...

i sometimes write:

if object.isGreen:
	do something...

If I understand it correctly, the if statement in this case tests if
pointer to hasParent method is non-zero, which is of course always True
so no error is reported and "do something..." always gets executed, so
the application behaves in quite different way than I expected.

You can say to me "Don't forget to always include the parenteses" but
I'm still curious if this cannot be somehow configured, so that I get
error when I try to just access the method pointer (".isGreen") instead
of calling the method (".isGreen()"). I understand that there has to be
the possibility of accessing the method pointers but I usually don't
need it and for a beginner like me this makes the applications very hard
to debug.