Pythonic way of web-programming

Dylan Reinhardt python at dylanreinhardt.com
Fri Apr 4 12:24:39 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 09:04, Giorgi wrote:

> - Is Python a real web-programming language at all? I mean, has
> somebody ever used it for real, commercial tasks?

Yes and yes.

> - Is there a need to design a genuine python framework for
> web-programming?

Zope is a highly Pythonic framework for building web-facing
applications.  It's been quite good for at least a couple years now...
good enough for enterprise-level systems, good enough for e-commerce.

It's not trivial to learn, but it's well worth it if you need something
more robust than CGI-style web programming tools.

> Or, maybe, ZOPE is the genuine pythonic way?

Perhaps... it is highly object-oriented and readily extensible with
Python.  Zope is hardly the only way, but it is worth a good look.

Some docs: http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition

HTH,

Dylan