How to free a temporary clob in DCOracle2?

Steve Holden sholden at
Mon Apr 14 15:58:27 CEST 2003

"Daniel" <dl_un-spam_rubin at> wrote in message
news:b71t5c$d3f$1 at news.Stanford.EDU...
> How do I free the temporary clob when I'm done with it in DCOracle2? I get
> an error when I try to close the temporary clob:
> 30
> 4
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> dco2.DatabaseError: (22289, 'ORA-22289: cannot perform %s operation on an
> unopened file or LOB')

I know nothing about this, so it's just a stab in the dark: maybe you need
to commit the transaction before you close your clob, or close your clob
before you execute your SQL?

Steve Holden
Python Web Programming
Did you miss PyCon DC 2003?            Would you come to PyCOn DC 2004?