wxPython update problem

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Apr 7 08:51:28 EDT 2003

Nils Grimsmo wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:06:08 -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
> > When do you think/hope run() will be called?  I don't think that
> > method is looked for by wxPython...  Did you base this on
> > some sample code?
>
> run() is called when you push the button. run() sets the label for the
> button every second for four seconds, but the button label is not updated
> before you return from run().
>
> that is not the behavior i want. any suggestions?

Ah, yes, clearly run() is called from your own code.  It was
so obvious I didn't see it.  :-)

Well, this time I actually tested your program, under Windows with
Python 2.2.2 and wxPython 2.3.3.1 and it works just fine.  I click
the button and see foo/bar/foo/bar over four seconds.

What platform are you on, and what versions?

-Peter