Using property in classic class may not work

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at eb2.net.au
Mon Apr 14 20:00:08 EDT 2003

    The "property" feature in Python 2.2 appears very helpful to me and
seems to work on both classic and new-style classes. However, pychecker
gives this error message:

DemonTerm.py:563: Using property (frame) in classic class DemonFrame may
not work

    The class in question is derived from a wxWindows class, so I can't
make it derive just from object. The "What's New in Python 2.2" document
only mentions property wrt new-style clases. Can I depend on property
working for classic classes? Is there a workaround such as deriving from
object as well?

    Neil