Twisted 1.0.4

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at
Tue Apr 22 03:39:47 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 06:41:42PM +0300, Oktay Safak wrote:
> I see that Buildbot is GPL'ed. I am not very knowledgable in these licensing
> stuff but I wonder whether this would be a problem for Twisted users.

Buildbot is a seperate project to Twisted, so its licence has no relevance
to Twisted and Twisted's users.  Similarly, Twisted has some C extensions
which are typically built with gcc, but gcc's licence (GPL) also has no
relevance to Twisted.

That said, Buildbot and CVSToys ( have been
extremely useful to the Twisted team, and it's worth taking a look at them.
The fact that they will require you to install Twisted, thus furthering its
world domination, is just incidental, really ;)