Writing a TCP/IP chat server

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Thu Apr 10 16:20:10 EDT 2003

A simple chat implementation with a GUI. This client is also a server and
can dispatch messages to multiple recipients by simply providing their IP
addresses by separating each address with a comma in the provided text
field.

  http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/samples/chat.html

You may also want to look at Twisted.

ka