*Newbie Question* --> Is it viable to distribute Python apps over the Internet?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Apr 21 21:03:07 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1050968618.16005.python-list at python.org>,
Gerhard Häring  <gh at ghaering.de> wrote:
>Denis Agar wrote:
>> I guess I understand the situation then. Is there any way to use a GUI
>> that most people already have such as the ones employed by Visual
>> Basic or Visual C++?
>
>VB's GUI code is likely in the VB runtime. With "VC GUI" you likely mean
>the MFC classes, which are usually in the MFC42.DLL. It can be used from
>Python via the win32 extensions, which are a relatively slim download.
>
>But looking at the included examples, I wouldn't want to develop a GUI
>using the win32 extensions, as it's basically hardcore win32 API
>programming.
			.
			.
			.
Let's note, though, that there are several contributors
to c.l.p who speak with comfort about having delivered
applications to customers coded in Python against MFC.
Gerhard and I haven't, but apparently it's not infeasible.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net