Questions on linked lists

Mike Meyer mwm at
Tue Apr 1 19:37:38 CEST 2003

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at> writes:
>  (The instructor for my data structures
> class once made the mistake of allowing us to use "any language he
> could understand" -- which, of those on the college computer, left out
> SNOBOL and APL -- he received assignments in BASIC, FORTRAN, Assembly,
> and COBOL, all using statically allocated arrays.)

Geez, this is odd memory day. I once had an instructor say we could
write an assembler in "any structured language". Most people chose C,
Pascal or Algol. I wrote a SNOBOL preprocessor - in SNOBOL, of course
- to let me write the assembler in structured SNOBOL. I was one of the
first ones to finish the assignment.

Today, I could do it faster in Python - but that was many miles ago.

Mike Meyer <mwm at>