negative values in profile output

Steven Taschuk staschuk at
Sat Apr 5 20:49:45 CEST 2003

Quoth Matthew M. Boedicker:
> When using the profile module to profile a long-running program,
> I am getting some negative values:
> 6753628 -4036.027   -0.001 -4036.027   -0.001<lambda>)
> Am I correct to assume these don't have special meaning and are the
> result of something wrapping?

Looks like a bug to me.

I suppose it could be wrapping, if the Python involved doesn't
promote int to long on overflow.  What version are you running?

I wonder also whether it might be a problem in the bias
calculations inside the profiler.

Steven Taschuk                           staschuk at
"I'm always serious, never more so than when I'm being flippant."
                            -- _Look to Windward_, Iain M. Banks