Sv: Python compared toJava

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at
Tue Apr 15 16:18:54 CEST 2003

Steve Holden <sholden at> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:ExTma.98936$It5.95989 at

> This is a little ingenuous: some modules are only available on some
> platforms, and others have different functionality on each different
> platform....

At least it is documented what is available where - mostly, that is - with
Tix f.ex. this is not so as I recently discovered.

With java, I feel that SUN wished to beat Microsoft soo badly that they *had
to have* the same OS-version/application dependencies as Windows provides -

User need both App_A & App_B; however App_A requires JVM X and App_B demands
JVM Y but user can only install One JVM!  Dependencies may change with
platforms too.