Pythonic way of web-programming

Lothar Scholz llothar at web.de
Sun Apr 6 21:58:24 EDT 2003

lekishvili at python.qartu.com (Giorgi) wrote in message news:<a3b5b608.0304040904.146dfff5 at posting.google.com>...
> - Is Python a real web-programming language at all? I mean, has
> somebody ever used it for real, commercial tasks? Please, do not
> consider my question too trivial. There is no language equally
> suitable for all tasks, however, Python seems to me a language
> naturally tailored for web-programming; this or that way, I have more

No its not a naturally tailored web-programming language, because it
is
very hard to integrate in Server Pages. You have to change the
indentation syntax/semantic of python to embedd it in a real useable
way.
This is done by Webware but it looks very strange to normal python
programmers.

Of course you can use template systems. But this is not always a good
economic decision.