python gripes survey

Patrick Lioi patrick at novaroot.com
Sun Aug 24 20:41:35 EDT 2003

I would like to see a shorthand for list.append(), borrowed from PHP:

foo = [1, 2, 3]
foo[] = 4  # foo now equals [1, 2, 3, 4]

I would also like to see what would probably end up being called
"generator comprehensions".  That is definitely not my own idea, but
for the life of me I can't remember where I first heard about it.
Imagine being able to throw the yield keyword into a list
comprehension syntax in order to take advantage of list
comprehension's in a memory-efficient way, something kinda like this:

foo = [yield i*i for i in xrange(100)]