Question about import

Mark Daley mark at diversiform.com
Tue Aug 5 13:42:40 EDT 2003

The difference is how you access the methods in the module.  If you use:

import Module

you will only be able to use the Module.Method usage.  If you use:

from Module import *

you can access the Methods directly.

The drawback to using from Module import * comes from conflicts if you
import multiple Modules, which may have identically named Methods, where you
will only be able to get the Method from the most recently imported Module.
Better to import the Module, IMO.

Any thoughts, all?

- Mark