Celebrity advice

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 30 15:50:15 EDT 2003

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in message
news:SrSdnYjxF7iCds2iRTvUqA at speakeasy.net...
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:03:14 +0200,
> Damien Wyart <damien.wyart at free.fr> wrote:
> > What about his forthcoming "taoup"* ? Proofreading by several
important
> > people from the Unix world should make it quite solid, I think.
And

> I read a few of the early chapters a long time ago and quite liked
it,
> though there were occasional flashes of smugness and "we invented
the
> Internet" grandiosity.  At some point I'll get around to reading the
whole
> thing.

He switches from Part 1 Context (Philosophy, History, Other OSes) to
Part 2 Design at chapter 4.  One could easily skip some of 1 and
perhaps all of 2 and 3.  I am up to 11 of 20 and have learned quite a
bit.  And the price is right for the online copy
http://catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/index.html

Terry