How to run Python script on WindowXP

Leopold Faschalek fale.delete at remove.skidata.com
Fri Aug 1 08:12:37 EDT 2003

How to run Python script on WindowXPHI,

make a .bat or .cmd file with following lines:
REM START of FILE
assoc .py=Python.File
assoc .pyc=Python.CompiledFile
assoc .pyw=Python.NoConFile

ftype Python.File=C:\Python23\python.exe "%%1" %%*
ftype Python.CompiledFile=C:\Python23\python.exe "%%1" %%*
ftype Python.NoConFile=C:\Python23\pythonw.exe "%%1" %%*

rem this should be done in the system settings
set PATHEXT=%PATHEXT%;.py;.pyc;.pyw
rem END of FILE

greetings Leopold