Rebol Size

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 27 18:32:20 EDT 2003

Rodrigo Benenson:
> Everything until now can be rivalized by Python. My point is:
>
> All of the above comes the 500 Kb Rebol/View distribution !!
> To do the same thing in python I would need:
> More than 10 Mb

> But how to explain such a difference ?

That 10MB includes many things not present in Rebol.
Eg, both Python and Twisted provide different types
of web servers (not sure about Rebol, but I think it's
client-oriented).  Twisted also includes a web app
development system (Woven).  What feature of PIL
exceed those of Rebol?

How small could you make a Python distribution and
still include the functionality you need?  I would hazard
to say quite a bit.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com