how fast is Python?

Lawrence Oluyede raims at dot.com
Fri Aug 29 11:14:00 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy <alanmk at hotmail.com> writes:

> Please bear in mind that the test code included the start up time for
> interpreter. For jython, this is a high cost, because starting a JVM
> often takes up to 10 seconds or more.

Yeah, you right. But here comes a question: why do you think that Jython
(and JVM) are faster than Python (and its VM)? In my own little tests is
Jython is always slower and GUI (with Swing) is not responsive as GTK for
example. I think Jython is an amazing and awesome "tool" for Python and
Java developers but I'm not so sure that is also faster than CPython.

Bye!

--
Lawrence "Rhymes" Oluyede
http://loluyede.blogspot.com