email client written with python + wxWindows

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Sat Aug 9 21:27:56 EDT 2003

Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at parthe.lpthe.jussieu.fr> schreef:

[about Mahogany]
>  And the next release should happen really soon now (no joking).
> Unfortunately, Python support will almost surely be disabled in it
> because there is not enough interest in it to motivate me to maintain
> it and so right now it doesn't even support 2.2 without speaking of
> 2.3 (only 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1). But if someone would like to have a
> relatively powerful cross-platform mail client scriptable in Python
> Mahogany would be a great to start and any help with the embedded
> Python interpreter would be very welcome.

I was just looking at it as a replacement for my current mail client, and
Python scripting was one of the things which made me look at it (I found a
link to it on the wxWindows site).  But scripting (Python or other) is not
something I really need in a mail client currently...

Mahogany itself has many good & sometimes unique features.  :-)

But it has some strange bugs too.  :-(
I'll try a new install and not play with the "Calendar" module this time,
as it seems the problems started after activating it...

--
JanC