win32, COM, and Solidworks (again) - Still Trying

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at
Thu Aug 7 15:06:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Markus Wankus wrote:

> For my objects, dispatch.GetTypeInfo() causes the following exception:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "F:\_DEV\solidworks\", line 12, in ?
>     print sw._oleobj_.GetTypeInfo()
> pywintypes.com_error: (-2147467263, 'Not implemented', None, None)

If you need to go beyond the IDispatch interface, Thomas Heller's ctypes
package looks to be your only option, short of creating a full-blown
Pythonwin wrapper (ala Pythonwin's MAPI support) for the SolidWorks COM

E-mail: andymac at  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:               |        Australia