What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 18 14:07:56 EDT 2003

I'm realizing I didn't frame my question well.

What's ***TOTALLY COMPELLING*** about Ruby over Python?  What makes you jump
up in your chair and scream "Wow!  Ruby has *that*?  That is SO FRICKIN'
COOL!!!  ***MAN*** that would save me a buttload of work and make my life
sooooo much easier!"

As opposed to minor differences of this feature here, that feature there.
Variations on style are of no interest to me.  I'm coming at this from a C++
background where even C# looks like an improvement.  ;-)  From 10,000 miles
up, is there anything about Ruby that's a "big deal" compared to Python?

One person mentioned Japanese documentation.  I'm sure that's Totally Kewl
to the Japanese....

20% of the world is real.