cannot get pexpect to work

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Aug 29 11:02:08 EDT 2003

Andrei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm at a crucial stage in the development of a wide area (multi-host) ssh
> wrapper, and need to control what happens when a host requires password
> authentication. After installing pexpect, the example script that looks most
> inclined to help me (by basically handling this situation,) "passmass.py"
> seems to fail, from whatever host to whatever host eg.
>
> [user1 at baddog01 scripts]$ ./passmass.py localhost
> Username: user1
> Current Password:
> New Password:
> Confirm New Password:
> 'Timeout exceeded in read().'   <<< ?
>
> Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

No, but why is it asking for a new password confirmation?
You're just trying to log in, not change the password, aren't
you?  Or does passmass.py actually change the passwords, not
just log in?  (I don't have the script.)  Have you read it?
Perhaps you've misinterpreted what it is supposed to do.

-Peter