looking for win32 (or cross-platform) midi module

dan danbmil99 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 07:41:21 CEST 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message news:<ubfXa.20864$cl3.795718 at news2.tin.it>...
> [looks like a strange URL but it's the one I found on that "hammer"
> site] or perhaps an earlier version (I wouldn't know).  Once you do
> have that, rebuilding the .pyd from the .cpp shouldn't be any harder
> (assuming you do have VC++ 6 installed) than writing and using the
> usual setup.py file for extension building, as documented on the
> Python online manuals and elsewhere.

Oh that sounds like so much fun!  I think it will be easier to just
write some glue code to the Win32 calls myself.  For now I'll stick
with Python 2.0.x until something else breaks.

Hmmm, something just did (break) -- can't use the // operator prior to
2.2!  No offense, but I think it was a pretty bad choice to change the
fundamental behavior of the division operator.  Better to have added
two new ones -- say \ for integer division, and // for full (returns
floating pt) division.  Oh well.