"_pg" (Postgresql) module for win32

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Aug 20 16:30:31 CEST 2003

User At Domain Dot Invalid wrote:
> Where can I find "_pg" module for postgresql? I would prefer a module
> not intedend for "cygwin","mingw" or some thing similar to that.

I'm not aware of such binaries. I recommend that people use pyPgSQL
instead, as this project offers Windows binaries.

FWIW mingw creates native win32 binaries, and pyPgSQL win32 binaries are
indeed created using mingw, though MSVC6 compatibility is checked from
time to time. mingw is *not* a runtime environment, so you shouldn't
care wether a Python extension module is compiled with mingw, MSVC6 or
the foobar compiler.

Cygwin, on the other hand, is also a runtime environment.

-- Gerhard