PyQT installation problems

reh someone at somewhere.com
Wed Aug 20 19:23:25 EDT 2003

Stelian Iancu wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I am trying to install eric3, the Python IDE. I've downloaded and
> installed successfully sip-3.8, QScintilla-1.2 and PyQT-3.8. However,
> when I try to install eric, I get the following error:
>
> Sorry, please install PyQt.
>
> I looked into the install script, then I opened a Python window and
> there I tried import qt and I got the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 25, in ?
>     import libqtc
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv
>
> I am using Mandrake 9.1 with the default Python (2.2.3) and Qt.

Make sure you build them in the correct order.
 Qscintilla
 sip
 PyQt

I had some kind of .so problem and Detlev mentioned to run ldconfig.
Problem solved. If it doesn't fix your problem, he'll probably be along
shortly.

Haven't been using it long, but eric and qt designer is pretty nice
stuff.

--
robert
redhat 9.0