Python and SSL

Illo de' Illis illo at
Mon Aug 4 16:38:08 CEST 2003

While I was coding a software which needs to set up a SSL transaction
with a client using an underlying proprietary protocol, I found
that the _ssl module works only in SSL client mode. Moreover it is
impossible to write a select()-based polling algorithm with it since
I can't query SSLObject for any available data in input (this occurs
only for nonblocking sockets of course), or alternatively I can't
push the characters I read back into the OpenSSL BIO cache.
Since the patch to apply to _ssl for this stuff to work is trivial,
I would like to know whether somebody is doing that.

   De hierboven vermelde uitspraken behoren volledig toe aan mezelf en
   vertegenwoordigen niet de uitspraken, praktijken, of interpretaties
         van gelijk welke derde persoon of officiele instantie.