Python and SSL

Illo de' Illis illo at students.cs.unibo.it
Mon Aug 4 10:38:08 EDT 2003

While I was coding a software which needs to set up a SSL transaction
with a client using an underlying proprietary protocol, I found
that the _ssl module works only in SSL client mode. Moreover it is
impossible to write a select()-based polling algorithm with it since
I can't query SSLObject for any available data in input (this occurs
only for nonblocking sockets of course), or alternatively I can't
push the characters I read back into the OpenSSL BIO cache.
Since the patch to apply to _ssl for this stuff to work is trivial,
I would like to know whether somebody is doing that.

Ciao,
Illo.

--
   De hierboven vermelde uitspraken behoren volledig toe aan mezelf en
   vertegenwoordigen niet de uitspraken, praktijken, of interpretaties