python for non-programmers tutorial?

Daniel Yoo dyoo at
Tue Aug 19 23:02:45 CEST 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at> wrote:

: I'm writing a half-day tutorial at work for the non-programmer techies
: (network engineers, database admins, sysadmins, that sort of thing)
: and was wondering if anyone else has already done this and made their
: materials available? I plan to put my slides up on the web after they're
: done...

Hi Anthony, has a topic guide for beginners who'd like to learn Python:

For your target audience, you may find Jacek Artymiak's article on
"Python Programming for Beginners" a good one, as it focuses on some
system administration and shell-scripting issues:

and all of the tutorials on the Beginners topic guide are pretty good.

You're also always welcome to ask learning questions on the
Python-Tutor mailing list:

Good luck to you!