Python's biggest compromises

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 19:31:44 EDT 2003

In article <3f36c43a$0$49105$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>, Irmen de Jong
<irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> writes
>Robin Becker wrote:

>> I believe pyro can almost do that, but I haven't tried it.
>
>Could you please elaborate on this a bit?
>What exactly did you have in mind when talking about
>"migrating threads or tasklets" ?

Well I had in mind the grid concept, which I believe implies the
distribution of code to multiple nodes and then the ability to execute
on them (I suppose that includes re-sending data to already distributed
instances).

I imagine that a proper grid would allow reloading of modules as the
overall application requires, but that would be relatively trivial if we
could capture 'execution state'.

Moving a running thread to another process would be fairly hard I
imagine, but I guess that's what we want for load balancing etc.

--
Robin Becker