python and webcam??

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Aug 29 13:48:31 EDT 2003

Michael Peuser wrote:

> "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:3F4F6A31.1598071A at engcorp.com...
> > Mike Kier wrote:
> > >

> > > Try this...
> > > http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Ah, that's the one.  Uses it's own .pyd actually, not calldll as I
> > thought.
> >
> > Doesn't work with my webcam though.  Might help if the OP could specify
> > what he has.
> >

> Works fine with my lowcost cam (AIPTEK 3M). USB Driver from AIPTEK
> installed - no problems with VideoCapture. Have you tried the AMCAP.EXE in
> folder AMCAP? This is not Pytthon but checks the same interface...

No point trying.  My webcam is an Axis Communications networked camera
which hooks up to Ethernet and responds via HTTP requests. :-)

I *think*, though I'm not certain, that the term "webcam" is still
generic enough that it doesn't automatically mean a particular
kind of camera that is always hooked up through USB and available
via the VideoCapture driver...

-Peter