union in Python

Wiebke Pätzold wiebke.paetzold at mplusr.de
Tue Aug 12 04:11:47 EDT 2003

import sys
Hi all,

At the beginning there is a table (database) with different columns.
So I create a search operator to look for regular expressions. First I
start the search only in one column and the program run. Now I want to
expand the search. The search have to take place in 2 columns. In my
example it is "Themenbereiche"  and "Nachname". I tried something. But
the program doesn't run.
Can somebody help with the release of the error?

import Mk4py
import re

db = Mk4py.storage("c:\\datafile.mk",1)
vw = db.view("people")

class PatternFilter:
    def __init__(self, pattern, feld):
        self.feld = feld
        self.pattern = re.compile(pattern)

    def __call__(self, row):
        try:
            exec(self.feld+" = row."+self.feld)
        except AttributeError:
            return 0
        return self.pattern.search(eval(self.feld))is not None

    def union1(feld_th, feld_na):
        result = []
        for i in feld_th+feld_na:
            if i not in result:
                result.append(i)
        return result

    def union2(feld_th, feld_na):
        result = {}
        for i in feld_th+feld_na:
            tmp[i] = 1
        return tmp.keys()

feld_th = "Themenbereiche"
vf = vw.filter(PatternFilter("do.*", feld_th))

feld_na = "Nachname"
vf = vw.filter(PatternFilter("im.*", feld_na))

print feld_th, feld_na, union1(feld_th, feld_na)
print feld_th, feld_na, union2(feld_th, feld_na)