Py2.3: Feedback on Sets

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Fri Aug 15 16:49:19 EDT 2003

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> Subject: Py2.3:  Feedback on Sets

> * Do you care that sets can only contain hashable elements?

This is the only disadvantage for me.

For the rest, I am happy about it. I am already using it a lot
on places where I used lists before, but where a Set is much
better (no order, no duplicates, it really *is* a set)

> User feedback is essential to determining the future direction
> of sets (whether it will be implemented in C, change API,
> and/or be given supporting language syntax).

I really like them. I would also like to be able to do
{elem for elem in set if foo(elem)} to construct a subset.

Gerrit.

--
255. If he sublet the man's yoke of oxen or steal the seed-corn,
planting nothing in the field, he shall be convicted, and for each one