WebRogue -- A roguelike based on a Python CGI server

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 17:38:00 EDT 2003

I have put the beginnings of a CGI based roguelike on the
internet.  You can see it at

http://wspace.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/webrogue/play.py?name=TestMe&pw=test&action=rest

There is not much going on yet: You can walk around, if you
run into a wall you lose a hitpoint, you can pick up gold,
and LOS is implemented with the Bresenham algorithm; but
there is only one dungeon level, no other monsters, no
doors, etc.  Valid actions are n, e, s, w, ne, nw, se, sw,
pickup and rest.

I am looking for somebody to help with good CGI hosting, and
possibly mod-python and SSL.  Although I like CGI, using CGI
sometimes drives me nuts because of all the permission
configuration issues.  I am not a systems administrator, I
am a software designer and programmer and I like to do this
for fun.

If you are interested you can download the CGI scripts and a
client at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wspace

Get webrogue.zip at

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=72532&release_id=181250

If you install it into your cgi-bin then you also need to
make a writable subdirectory called "data".  If you have
other installation problems, don't ask me but read the
source.  And improve it and let me know.

Have fun!