How to remove a service or change the startup type to disabled

Matt Rapoport matthew.rapoport at accenture.com
Fri Aug 29 14:44:50 EDT 2003

I'd like to programmatically remove a service or change its startup
type to disabled.  I know how to remove it from the command line but
is there another way using the win32 extensions?

I've looked through the win32 help file but when it lists the
arguments for its methods (such as win32service.ChangeServiceConfig)
it doesn't give a dictionary of possible arguments.  How can I tell
what int is associated with what Access Type (in OpenService), for
example.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt