PyRun_SimpleString, PyRun_File

Søren Johansen soerenjohansen171 at
Tue Aug 5 14:24:53 CEST 2003

having had a number of problems with PyRun_File in my application embedding
Python, I decided to load scripts into memory myself and execute them with
This works fine and dandy except for when scripts reach a certain size.
Around the 28000'th byte, it seems to break up the script, resulting in
random errors caused by whatever is on that line.

Is there some known limitation to PyRun_String buffersize that is not
present in PyRun_File - with which it used to work - and a way to overcome

Thank you,