ClientCookie bug (followup)

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Aug 20 17:47:47 EDT 2003

cartermark46 at ukmail.com (Mark Carter) writes:

> > No really, I wasn't joking: you *never* need to use add_cookie_header
> > / extract_cookies if you're using urllib2 (at least, I can't think of
> > any possible reason to do so).  It can only break things.
>
> I must admit that I don't really know what I am doing. How would you
> simplify the following code:
[...]

It doesn't tend to encourage people to help you if you don't even
*try* to apply their advice, and just expect them to do all your work
for you.  Read that paragraph you quoted (and the rest I posted in
that message and previously), try doing what it suggests, then come
back here if you need to.

John