Before I submit a bug report (Pythonwin)

R.Marquez ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 08:58:10 EDT 2003

Well, I went ahead and decided to start from scratch.  I removed
py2exe, wxpython, win32 extensions and Python23.  I deleted any
remnants of the installation folder.  I went to the registry and
deleted the Python23 key.  I rebooted the machine.  I installed Python
into D:\Programs\Python23, and it installed correctly.  I then
installed win32all-155.exe.  It all seemed to go well, the Start Menu
shortcuts were created, no errors.  But when I tried to start the
Pythonwin application it failed again with the same error message:

<Error getting traceback - cant import
traceback>exceptions.ImportError: No module named
pywin.framework.startup

Again, when I launch the following, the app starts fine:
D:\Programs\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\start_pythonwin.pyw

But, if I launch the following, I get the error:
D:\Programs\Python23\pythonwin.exe

I guess it is bug report time. :(

-Ruben