spawnv( ) or spawnl( ) do not launch a normal running process in Python 2.2.2?

nushin nushin2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 20:14:15 EDT 2003

Thanks Jeff. You do launch a process properly in spawnv if the 3rd
parameter of spawnv is argv list, i.e., the following code would
launch hello.py in a normal running *R* state in Linux., therefore:

os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT,'/usr/bin/python',('python', 'hello.py'))

would spawn hello.py in state *R*. However, os.P_NOWAIT doesn't work
properly, by that i mean, i am expecting *hello.py* to get launched
asynchronously, but i see my parent process always gets finished
*after* its child process finishes.
Is it a bug in spawnv?

Please correct me if i am wrong, and thank you for your time.

Regards,
Nushin