SF deploys SA, lauds P & BC [Also: CVS improvements]

mackstann mack at incise.org
Sun Aug 31 15:13:45 EDT 2003

Also worthy of noting are the improvements to CVS.  Anyone that uses SF
CVS knows that public CVS has been basically daily (or so) updated
snapshots of the real CVS, which has been a pain for fast moving
projects, and users who want to use/test bleeding-edge code.  This
should all be resolved this week, it seems.

----------------- copy/paste ---------------------
I wanted to give you a few updates on SF.NET.  First, in the last
sitewide email I described our CVS performance issues and the solution
we are introducing to fix them.   The performance increase I spoke of
(600%+ increase) is just days away from being deployed.    The new
systems are now in place, additional electrical power has been added to
our colocation cage, and the Linux boxes are in their final stages of
configuration.   Hang in there.  Help is on the way.

m a c k s t a n n  mack @ incise.org  http://incise.org
It was one of those perfect summer days -- the sun was shining, a
breeze was blowing, the birds were singing, and the lawn mower was
broken ...
		-- James Dent