python and symbian?

Duncan Booth duncan at
Tue Aug 19 10:48:20 CEST 2003

PD <p3d at> wrote in
news:1061222990.25115.0 at

>    Yes, thats pretty much the only reference to python on the symbian
> platform that I could find. While this is interesting I was hoping for
> something for the version 6 OS, or even version 7 (I have a p800 you
> see).

I think you are out of luck. I did the original port of Python to the Psion
5, so I have some idea of the issues involved. Unfortunately the
Epoc/Symbian environment isn't terribly friendly when porting applications
from other platforms, your best bet is probably to go with Jython.

Duncan Booth                                             duncan at