Clicking a button on an web page.

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Aug 2 09:49:19 EDT 2003

dedoleo at hotmail.com (Dedoleo) writes:
[...]
> How should I go about writing a script that will simply click a button
> on a web page at an interval? For example, if you're familiar with
[...]

Until somebody (me :-) writes a web browser-like API, that depends how
the button is implemented in the HTML.  Probably, just parse out the
URL with a regular expression (re module), and do urllib2.urlopen(url).

Post some HTML.

Alternatively, if you're on Windows, search on Google Groups for IE
automation group:comp.lang.python.  Or see recent posts about PyKDE,
HttpUnit / Jython, etc.

John