drop down feature

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Aug 13 06:23:38 EDT 2003

"Michael Peuser" <mpeuser at web.de> writes:

> I fully agree with your very comprehensive statements. I personally do not
> know VB so much but RealBasic for Macintosh which is absolutely in the line
> of useability. It is as well a very friendly GUI Builder with all
> drag-n-drop and multimedia stuff AND it compiles AND it makes self contained
> exe files!!
>
> This in fact is my wishlist for a Python IDE .....
> Of course the *language* itself is mess ;-)
[...]

Never bought the often-tacit assumption that programming environments
that happen not to be entirely graphical, and that aren't run by
clicking on a single .exe are somehow not integrated (in some ways
they tend to be less well integrated, in others more), so:

GUI builder:
 wxPython / BOA constructor
 OR PyQt / Qt designer
 OR VB (implement COM servers in Python, write GUI in VB)

exe builder:
 py2exe
 OR McMillan Installer

"drag-n-drop and multimedia stuff"