Interfaces (a la PEP 245 and Zope)

Brendan Hahn bhahn at
Fri Aug 1 22:35:19 CEST 2003

Terry Hancock <hancock at> wrote:
>Brendan Hahn wrote:
>> How about an Interface metaclass that replaces any class methods with an
>> appropriate exception-raiser.
>Well Zope's (or should I say Jim Fulton's?) Interface module
>defines an object with a number of useful documentation and
>validation behaviors.

I haven't checked out the Zope stuff...that just popped into my head as a
slightly easier way to implement Heiko's suggestion.  You could use it as a
way to generate base classes that enforce the required-implementation
aspect of interfaces (maybe call it 'Abstract') and also inherit from other
sources to provide validation and such.

brendan DOT hahn AT hp DOT com