win32, COM, and Solidworks (again) - Still Trying

Markus Wankus markus_wankus at
Thu Aug 7 16:11:11 CEST 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:06:01 +1000 (EST), Andrew MacIntyre
<andymac at> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Markus Wankus wrote:
>> For my objects, dispatch.GetTypeInfo() causes the following exception:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "F:\_DEV\solidworks\", line 12, in ?
>> print sw._oleobj_.GetTypeInfo()
>> pywintypes.com_error: (-2147467263, 'Not implemented', None, None)
> If you need to go beyond the IDispatch interface, Thomas Heller's ctypes
> package looks to be your only option, short of creating a full-blown
> Pythonwin wrapper (ala Pythonwin's MAPI support) for the SolidWorks COM
> API.

Yes, I was looking into this but was a little mystified at first.  I
generated the python wrapper and had a look inside, but was unsure of the
extent of the Python code I was going to be required to write, as well as
type conversions.

I guess I'll have another look at it.  Thanks for the info.