Advice to a Junior in High School?

Michele Simionato mis6 at
Tue Aug 26 08:39:33 CEST 2003

Afanasiy <abelikov72 at> wrote in message news:<hgflkvsjpcfj1l0m2affhn74g61mhf6qr6 at>...
> I think you
> should do a lot of your own exploring. Consider as much as you can, no
> matter what someone online says for or against it.

Hear, hear: this is good advice!

On a more personal note, when I was more or less your age I decided
to do Physics, even if I knew very well that the job situation was a
disaster. Now, it turns out that the situation is still a disaster and I
have just decided to quit the field.
I have found some people telling me that I made the bad choice and that
I should have chosen a more marketable field. I don't think so.
I did what I wanted to do: whereas most of the people do for
all their life a job they dislike, I at least avoided that for
part of my life. I had the opportunity of doing something and I took

If you have the chance of having something you like to do, don't throw
it away to follow the advice of the others. Your life is your responsability.

Michele Simionato, Ph. D.
MicheleSimionato at
--- Currently looking for a job ---