FOUND! how to attach to running instances of Internet Explorer

Jordan Tucker plz at
Sun Aug 3 23:20:43 CEST 2003

> Also, I haven't been able to determine if there's a better name of the
> form 'InternetExplorer.Application.1' instead of using the horrid
> class-id.  How do you do that?  The makepy output for explorer doesn't
> list one.

The relevant MSDN page[1] lists the ProgID as 'Shell.Windows' or
'ShellWindows._NewEnum'; however when trying to dispatch with either as the
class string fails. Also, searching the registry reveals nothing for the

[1] , i.e.