Is Python your only programming language?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Aug 12 04:32:46 EDT 2003

Joe Cheng wrote:

> I want to ask you hard-core c.l.p Pythonistas: Do you use Python for
> everything?  (and I'm counting Python + C extensions as just Python)  Or do
> you keep another language equally close at hand, and if so, what is it?  And
> finally, do you foresee a day when Python can be, for all practical intents
> and purposes, your only programming language?

I used to learn a new language a year. But i'm afraid that python has
made me lazy. It sort of killed the natural itch to learn new languages
by removing the little anoyances I used to have when programming.

So now I start up my editor in Python mode like a mindless zombie. It
has even gotten to the point that I use it for calculations instead of a
spreadsheet and pocket calculator.

But to keep up to date language wise I will look into other languages
again someday soon. I swear. hmm!

regards Max M