What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 18 17:48:06 EDT 2003

Jeff Epler wrote:
> Of course, without Python users, he wouldn't have much fun,
> would he, with nobody stupid enough to stand up to defend Python and
> "get trolled".  So even the troll should be glad that there's nothing
> "totally compelling" about Ruby over Python.

I don't want to get sucked into an issue that I have little to no interest
in.  So I will observe rhetorically: some of you people waste a *lot* of
energy on games of "who's a troll."  Mabye it's time for you to establish a
c.l.p.advocacy newsgroup, to siphon those energies in a particular
direction?  But hey, it's your newsgroup.

> Jeff
> PS I'd just like to state for the record that neither Python nor Ruby
> have a totally compelling advantage compared to the following
>
>         K&R C

Even as one who hasn't converted to Python yet, that statement is clearly
insane.

20% of the world is real.