getopt issues

David Bear iddwb at asu.edu
Wed Aug 27 16:25:21 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Steven Taschuk wrote:
> > '-Middwb at mainex1.asu.edu -AKHAAM at prlinux+898 [...]
>   [...]
>
> getopt wants its arguments as a list of strings (like sys.argv),
> not one big string.  Here, for example,

many thanks.  I didn't think the 'list' of args that getopt wanted was a
python list.

now that I've read a little more of the getopt documentation, it says that
getopt stops processing when a 'nonoption' is encounted.  Is there a way
to have it process the whole argument list, then only return the options
specified in options, rather than have it through an exception and return
nothing?

> >     >>> a, b = getopt.getopt(args.split(),
'APQn') >     Traceback (most recent call last):